Thread: Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College
View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 06:36 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I get where your coming from but I don't agree entirely. If you are disappointed with Forbort I understand but the guy is very likely going to make the NHL and go on to be a solid second pairing (#4 if everything goes as projected) with size and durability.

Hardly a waste of a pick and if Leopold at this stage of his career is worth a second and a fifth then Forbort is going to do nothing but increase in value like he has since the day we drafted him. He is seen as a can't miss kid around the scouting world and his name will garner a ton of attention during the NCAA's (he is already being credited with being the best D for ND this past season by some and one of the best in the NCAA by several).

The amount of time it takes for him to make the NHL is irrelevant. We are stupidly deep on D where our kids are concerned (Nik Des is NHL ready and is going to have to cool his jets next season down in MCH or wherever the team ends up if it moves and then there is Gravel who is very highly touted who is ready to make the jump to the AHL and the list goes on) so Forbort taking until the ripe old age of 23 to make the team isn't a big deal.

I love Etem and would really have liked to see him on our team but not having him doesn't impact the way I feel about drafting Forbort or Toffoli or anyone else. Every year there are lots of solid players that we pass on who go on to become really good prospects/NHL players and every year we draft players that do the same that other teams passed on.

Its how the game is played to me.
Defenders take awhile, Scuds, Mitchell, Greene..

They were all older when they hit NHL ICE. Forbort is doing fine.

I would prefer if forbort returns to ND, that program does a good job of producing NHL roster players.

I have this feeling no one would care about Etem if he was from say New York...