View Single Post
03-30-2013, 05:42 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I'm not disagreeing with any of this. So I will ask a questions that I'm sure someone else has. Keeping in mind all the problems that have been stated.

Who will come in and coach this team?

It's a hard question to answer in a discussion. Even harder in reality. There are very few coaches (IMO) with the beans to walk in and coach this hockey club. It's always interesting watching the "professional" hockey folks taking pot shots at this franchise. Torts was one as I recall. But at least he had the courage of his convictions and stepped up.

You watch, Barry Melrose of all people will be a guy who gets mentioned. Even if it's only himself doing the mentioning.
I can only answer this honestly and say, I can't give you a name because I don't know enough about coaches. The way things are, there are two things wrong with Torts. Lack of strategics and lack of leadership as a coach as he's starting to run out of ways to help his team "find ways to win games"

There are potentially bad coaches to replace Torts with and as bad as those can be, it's a part of the trial and error. I don't know the coaching business well enough to know the coaches involved. It's Slat's job to know the candidates. While my criticisms may seem short sighted and ignorant of the big picture and the reality of the business, if CBJ, WPG, STL, LAK etc. can all replace their coach with much success, then we should be able to as well (Slats should be able to).

I'd rather die trying to get help than rot on an island and get killed by a slow acting poison.