View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 07:56 PM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
I did an analysis of Halak's performance across every game of his career and there was no statistical correlation between his play and the number of shots.

What I suspects is Halak does better when he does not have to go one on one with the shooter in a quick moving or laterally changing situation. There is a reason he has been bad in shootouts and bad on breakaways. He just isn't a good one on one goaltender.

I forget who said it, but Halak really is a guy who blocks shots.
Yep. Halak lets the puck hit him. He has no elite goaltending skills and many times does not even know where the puck is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35
Who are we going to have in net if Halak is moved? Allen/Elliott? Color me not the least bit impressed. Unless they can bring back a solid goaltender(as in, better than Halak) why even move him? Allen's played well in like 10 games. We still have virtually no idea what we have in him. We need to keep Halak for at least next season if we're not bringing someone else in. With all his inconsistency, injury problems, and whining to the media, he still is our best goalie by a fair margin when he settles in.
Ok, who suggested going with Allen/Elliott?

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote