View Single Post
03-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
vCash: 601
If you haven't seen Dreaming of Julia pulverize her competition, it is worth a watch:

Something to think about:

McGaughey now is poised to have his first Kentucky Derby horse since Saarland was 10th in 2000, the Hall of Fame trainer’s only horse in the race since he finished second and third with Easy Goer and Awe inspiring.

“It’s my dream, and we’ve never tried to press to get there,” McGaughey, a product of Lexington Tates Creek, said of the Kentucky Derby. “… When the 2-year-olds come in, I always try to think: Will one of these take us to the Derby where we will have an opportunity to win? It stands on top of all of them for me, and it always has.”

Velazquez very likely will have a choice to make as he also rides Verrazano, the electrifying and unbeaten Tampa Bay Derby winner, in Saturday’s Wood Memorial.

“(Verrazano) has to come back and run a big race very impressively and come back good,” Velazquez said. “Hopefully Shug and the team will give me the opportunity to see how the horses come back before I make a premature decision. I’ve gone to the Derby with the favorite and wound up riding something else for three years back to back. And I picked up the horse for the Derby who won it (Animal Kingdom in 2011). These are two very, very good horses. A little bit different style of running, but both are very impressive. You just wish they both get there and hopefully we can make a decision then.”

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 04-01-2013 at 07:09 PM.