View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 08:31 PM
BVicious

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido Sarducci View Post
I get your point Zoombie, but the amount of draft picks depends mainly on how many vets(many with NTC) get shipped out.

Really all Pittsburgs' first does is replace the missing second. So unless I am mistaken the only pick that the Flames have stockpiled is Chicagos' seventh. Likely the very last draft pick.

And as nice as it is to build up picks I'd like to see the Flames trade for some role players as well. This team will need players to play the rest of the season if they trade away some of the vets.
It's true. Our pits pick is basically a 2nd cuz it will be 30th pick. And we can already write STL off te list for JBo. But I'm ok with keeping him and extending him if he takes a discount.

I would like this team to remain competitive next year. I don't think moving lots of bodies for draft picks is the way to go. I think a few key signings, and less dependence on building around Iggy will already payoff. I think we really need to target a center. And I would be happy to pry a young center from Philly, given their interest in JBo. I would keep him and deal him at the draft for a center, if not keep him till you get that center.

Can't trade our best player unless its for a player we NEED. No more wingers

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote