View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 09:25 PM
yianik

vCash: 500
I hear all this Clowe stuff and that the asking price starts with a 1st, and Im not interested. Even if we are picking late, we have an awesome scout in TT, we have what might be a very deep draft, comparisons to 2003 are being made ( could be wrong of course ), we have lots of picks so we might even be able to move up a few spots for one of our 2nds. Im a bit calmed because MB seems like a guy with a big picture plan and is focused on getting the pieces he thinks he needs to build a year in year out contender and not make short sighted moves. Remember, MB came into a bottom team and I think when you hire a guy to be the GM of a team like that you must give him 4-5 years to realize his vision. If that is the case, then some of the players MB picks in his first couple of drafts have a real chance of making the team before that 5 years is up. So with so many high round picks in such a deep draft and with an ace of a head scout, I dont see why we would trade either our 1st or Calgarys 2nd. If the price for Clowe is more like our 2nd, well, okay, but that doesnt appear to be the case. Hopefully in a couple of years we can be like Pittsburgh and be able to give up picks and prospects to go for the Cup, I just think that even with how well this team has done, we shouldnt give up major assets like a 1st or near 1st for a rental.