View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Darth Joker

vCash: 500
Clowe has 0 goals in 28 games. Regardless of what he brings to the physicality of a team, that's a very worrisome and massive dropoff in production.

Perry is re-signed by Anaheim, Iggy went to Pittsburgh... honestly there's nothing terribly attractive out there right now unless there's something brewing that nobody in the hockey media world knows about (think of the Stewart-Shattenkirk/Eric Johnson trade).

I certainly wouldn't part with a 1st Rd pick, or a Tinordi-caliber prospect for anybody conceivably available now.

Thankfully, the Pens went all-in in a big way. We can't top that, or even match that, but then Boston missed out as well. Should the Pens flame out in the 1st or 2nd Round (which is possible given the potential injury and goalie issues that team could find itself in), we're as well-situated as any other team in the East to go on a good run, imo.

At this point, stand pat is probably the way to go. I'd be fine if we gave up marginal futures for Jagr or Clowe, but I wouldn't pay a major price for either.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote