Thread: PGT: Kings @ Wild
View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 10:22 PM
DontgoZiggy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsation8 View Post
1st goal.... Kings defense had the perfect gap, stood up to Cullen. I will give credit to Cullen for a good shot but those shots are USUALLY stopped by Quickie. The 2nd one, Coyle was down on his needs and puts a floater in. If see the first goal closely, Quick had a hard time moving across and over the course of the year, many goals have been scored on Quick because he is not able to move side to side as well. I am telling you, his back surgery is still affecting him. I will admit that no d-men were around Coyle for that goal but it was still a very bad shot on net that went in. The 3rd goal was a trash goal, on the PK, what could you do about it. I think our D-Core has been playing well enough to win. Mitchell and Greene would definitely help quite a bit, however.
Our D core has been playing exceptionally well all things considered, Ellerby and Muzzin have been very pleasant surprises. I just think we're especially missing Mitchell. As good as Doughty and Quick were last year, he in my opinion was the glue to the D. We're also missing Greenes hits and crease clearing, keeping opposition forwards honest. Offseason back surgery to Quick obviously doesn't help matters.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote