View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 11:37 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Nobody said "ardent pursuit of him" and guys that move the puck "extremely" well arent always point producers. See Brad Stuart.
You said "heavy interest." I paraphrased.

Brad Stuart does not move the puck "extremely well." Nobody on the planet has ever called him an exceptional puck-mover.

Quote:
As for other teams playing puck possession. That is absolutely true. At least they try more than in years past. It's the hybrid type players the Wings have that still sets their style apart. He fits with that style. Very well rounded type players. Two way players who play just as well with or without the puck.
He is not what anyone would call a very well-rounded player. He is somewhat capable on one end of the ice and very average on the other. And anyway, complete players fit in everywhere, so your point does not have much merit.

Quote:
I'd go out on a limb and say by this time next year, he'd not only be one of the most liked players in Detroit, but people would be shaking their heads on how little they gave up to get him.
I find that unlikely, given what I've seen of his play and the fact that his career has gone so far downhill in the past several seasons.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote