View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
I always said I didn't want Clowe if the price is too steep but let's say we can get him for a 2nd and a "medium" prospect, would you do it?

I know there aren't much room in our line up right now, even less when Bourque comes back but although Clowes sucks this season, I have a feeling that he will perform well in the playoffs like he always did.

Plus, in our top 9, we have a lot of guys that have little to none playoffs experience. Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Pacioretty never tasted NHL playoffs hockey while DD only have 5 playoffs games, 5 for Bourque and 7 for Eller.

So we clearly lack playoffs experience in our top 9 with a total of 17 games in 6 of our top 9 players. So Clowe and his 45 pts in 68 playoffs games could help us big time. I'm pretty sure he will feel appreciated and could sign an extension with the Habs. I'm also not sure having a kid like Galchenyuk in our top 9 in the playoffs.

Also, I know Gionta is frustrating to watch lately but I think we will change our mind on him when we see him perform in the playoffs.