View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 11:41 PM
Andrew83

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaritimeHockeyNut View Post
Really though comparing cup winning team to today.

Horton - Krejci - Lucic
Recchi - Bergeron - Marchand
Ryder - Kelly - Peverley
Thornton - Campbell - Paille
+Seguin
Chara - Seidenberg
Ference - McQuaid
Kaberle - Boychuk

Thomas

to today
Horton - Krejci - Lucic
Seguin - Bergeron - Marchand
Scrub - Kelly - Peverley
Thornton - Campbell - Paille
Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Boychuk
Ference - McQuaid

Rask

Theres only a few holes when healthy. So its more an issue of a mindset thing IMO. If and I mean If... You add Soderberg (god willing) plus one significant piece (ie. Roy, Clowe, heck even hemsky) the team has basically the same pieces it needs to win again. So for lack of basically one player you should sell?1?! If it cost you extra pieces to add that significant piece well so be it. Otherwise you can only hope the bruins catch fire again and terrorize the NHL once more. Thats my outlook anywaz, sure it could all go south but to capitchulate is not the bruin way. And yes I hope you are wrong too. lol
Well said. I share a similar outlook. Yes we had a bad March and weren't as dominant even before the injuries and the tough schedule happened. None of that matters once the playoffs begin. It's a whole different mindset and intensity, and we are very much in serious contention with just a couple of moves.

After the season is over the Bruins are in pretty good shape too because two of the bigger disappointments are no longer under contract (Ference & Horton). And Lucic's contract is very tradable if he ever becomes an issue. Peverley could be bought out worst case scenario.

Last edited by Andrew83: 03-30-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Andrew83 is offline   Reply With Quote