Thread: Proposal: Calgary - Detroit
View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 12:43 AM
vladdy16

vCash: 500
Bouwmeester really is a great fit in Detroit. Some of the reactions from Red Wing fans in this thread are confusing. Bouwmeester wouldn't be here to make the defense better, he'd be here to make the offense better. He facilitates offense in a way that can't be measured by stats, and his stats in Calgary(no offense, I rooted for you guys this year) shouldn't be taken too seriously anyways. Watching Bouwmeester it's obvious he has elite skills in his skill set.

I think Bouwmeester would have an impact similar to the one Rafalski did, for what it's worth. That COULD be really valuable. Unfortunately I have zero faith in the Red Wings coaching and management at the moment, so I don't know if it'd be worth it to bring in a piece like Bouwmeester, until the Red Wings stop making decisions on the teams future from the bermuda triangle.

I would have happily given up a first and a top prospect around the time Rafalski retired. But the Red Wings are a disaster right now, and I don't see the point in bringing in another piece until things sort themselves out. Unless Calgary was interested in Franzen or any other number of mediocre forwards.

vladdy16 is offline   Reply With Quote