View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 01:24 AM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Gionta has 10 goals this season, that's 10 more than Clowe. Yes he's underachieving this season but to win the cup we need a guy like him to fill in for Travis Moen. And that's what I think MB is offering.

Travis Moen and our 2nd pick not the one we got from the flames, maybe even a 3rd who knows.
Who cares how many goals Gionta has? All of Ryder's goals were either self-prepared or set-up by Pleks. Same with Pleks. Clowe would add an interesting dimension on that line. In fact, Gionta, for all the goals he had, killed a lot of plays with his ridiculous 30 feet slappers on the goalie's chest. Losing board battle after board battle.

No kidding. I don't think Gionta should be traded this season, but I definitely don't think he's a huge part of that line neither. And I don't think he would play with scrubs neither if we put him with Chucky and Eller.

For a guy like Clowe, I would offer a 2nd and Morgan Ellis.

We have a logjam on defense coming in Hamilton next season, and Dietz is essentially a better version of Ellis, who had a very, very disappointing first season in Hamilton this year. He's worlds behind Beaulieu and Tinordi.

Beaulieu, Tinordi, Dietz, Pateryn, Thrower in the system
Bennett and Nygren who are interesting darkhorses.
Subban who's in the NHL and still under 25.
Plus all the other d-men we might draft this year with our multiple picks.

That's plenty of depth, and more than enough to sacrifice one of them.