View Single Post
03-31-2013, 02:25 AM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Well obviously if you're putting clowe with Ryder and Plek it means you're either relegating Gionta to the third line or trading him. In 28 games Clowe has no goals and 11 assists, Gionta may be struggling to get some high quality plays and he struggles in some areas but with 19 pts in 34 games he does bring in some consistency. Clowe has a TOI average of more than 18mins per game, unless playing for Montreal with Halpern and Armstrong or Moen really changes things for him I don't think we should expect him to do much better than to give us a very good 4th line that can score a goal 1 game out of 4, which is something we need to make a good run in the PO.
What is Gionta bringing to that team when he's not scoring, for the record?
What is Clowe bringing to his when he's not?

Gionta not being with Pleks and Ryder would not affect his production. Just like Ryder and Plekanec wouldn't suffer from having Clowe on their line. In fact, with Ryder's lethal wrister, it could be a very interesting combination. Even if the goalie makes the save, Clowe would be there to jump on those rebounds.

I know this guy has not been having a great season, but I recently read an article from Eric Engels who spoke to quite a couple of scouts. All of them said they believed it was just a bump on the road for Clowe, and that they were sure he would rebound eventually.