Thread: Proposal: Calgary - Detroit
View Single Post
03-31-2013, 03:19 AM
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Adityase
Originally Posted by obey86 View Post
The only way I want the Wings to trade significant assets (prospects or picks) is if it is for a young player with extremely high upside who can be with the Wings long term. Other than than I just don't see the point of making a move this deadline.
This statement feels like it's saying that the only way the Wings should trade prospects or picks is if they get a better prospect or proven player, but one so young that there's no downside whatsoever of trading the prospect or pick. This is an unreasonable standard by which to judge a trade in my opinion.

Also the idea that we're not cup contenders is problematic because we're in the new NHL... where anyone can be a cup contender. Even an 8 seed with a losing record. Seriously, the same reasons that make it harder for the Wings to maintain a dynastic hold on success... are those that also say you can't rule out almost any team come playoff time.

I still think Bouwmeester as a 29 year old first line D-man with at least 4-5 prime years left in him would be a great pickup. And I'd consider trading any prospect not named Jarnkrok, Sproul or Mrazek or any pick to get him.

Adityase is offline   Reply With Quote