View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 04:21 AM
BillDineen

vCash: 500
Homer:

On pursuit for a No. 1 defenseman to replace injured star Chris Pronger:

Us and 29 other teams are looking for that guy. Its a never-ending quest to try to find that defenseman that can play all situations. Maybe you have to draft that guy. I dont know. I like our defensemen when the top 5 guys are healthy. If we could find the right guy and put him into that mix, it would make them better. Obviously, youre not going to replace a Chris Pronger, but if you can find the right guy who plays on your power play and kills penalties

Pryor:

On Jones:

I saw Jones play last year with the U.S. team (in the Under-18 World Championships) and this year at World Junior, and hes got a lot of things going for him for a big man, Pryor said. Hes got good skills and moves extremely well. Hes been a good player at every level, and on the World Junior stage this year he elevated himself from the rest of the group as a young kid in that tournament. That tells you what kind of player he is and what he could be down the road.

On Nurse:

Hes a good player and a big kid who hasnt even scratched the surface of being a man, said Pryor of Nurse, listed as the sixth-best prospect in TSN.ca draft expert Craig Buttons March rankings. Hes got a little edge to his game too. You need those type of players. Hes one of those guys people will be talking about and weve seen a lot of him.

Flyers have always taken the BPA, but they seem to realized young No. 1 defensemen are rarely traded. The only way to potentially acquire one is by trading for a young one after early struggles (Coburn and Schenn) and hoping they fulfill or exceed their potential or acquiring one after they have signed a pricey contract and then have struggled a season or two like Myers.