View Single Post
03-31-2013, 03:44 AM
Darth Yoda
vCash: 931
Originally Posted by hitmen19 View Post
i love when people use selective stats to argue there position. Stats for one year don't mean squat. After Stamkos, Canada's next 5 goal scorers were neal, hartnell, perry moulson, ryder. besides perry, none of those other guys would even be considered for Canada's team. So you can throw that stat out. Its an eye test. While I love Elias, his great days are long over. He is not the impact player of his youth no more, no matter how many points he got. If you think that line is even close, to other teams, you are dreaming. Czech can't compete with that line up against russia, sweden canada or usa.
It does'nt matter. This team could win the gold medal if everything goes right. Just look at the 1998 edition aside from Hasek and Jagr who by the way was far from a dominant offensive force on that team. If anything is a weakness it's the defensemen, but if i'm not wrong the czechs characteristic counterattacking game highly involves their forwards driving the play, the defensemen is mainly there to defend and maybe make a short quick pass to a forward. Not only are the czechs very good at playing this game, they also have to.

Last edited by Darth Yoda: 03-31-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote