View Single Post
03-31-2013, 05:01 AM
Join Date: Jul 2006
Voted for Other since there's oddly no category for Glen Sather. He's responsible for:
1. Horrendous Pro Scouting which led to yet another awful summer of UFA activity that produced
2. A gutted bottom 6 up front.
3. No D with a hard shot from the point who can hit the net. It's been almost 10 years since Leetch was traded. A blind monkey should luck out in finding one through UFA, trades, draft over all this time. Obviously not one on Brian's overall level. Other teams have 3rd pairing guys with that skillset. Not in NY.
4. Mediocre Amateur Scouting. This team has no NHL ready guys on ELC who can fill in on 3/4th lines. The last one this team produced was lost on waivers. What's going on in rounds 3-7? This is without even getting into the major 1st round blunders throughout his tenure.
5. Retaining a coaching staff whose tactics were solved by last year's play-offs and have nothing new to offer this season. The PP has never worked under Torts, regardless of personnel, yet they won't hire a PP coach. 20-25 games into a season should've been long enough to see what's happening.
6. No general plan of action in close to 15 years.
Sure, a misfiring one-dimensional 1st line sniper (put in an unfamiliar position by a stubborn coach) and a bumbling out-of-shape 1st line C who may be losing it are going to put pressure on any team. Others though overcome adversity like losing a real star Center and a Norris D for the season through intelligent coaching and organizational depth. Neither are here because of Sather.
Since you can't fire an owner, the buck should stop with President/GM.
View Public Profile
Esa 10's albums
Find More Posts by Esa 10