Thread: Value of: Derick Brassard to ANA
View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 06:58 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Yeah, too much. I talked about this trade on Columbus' board like a week ago and they were pretty happy with a pick. Considering the prices of other players traded so far, the Ducks would probably have to add a conditional pick or a prospect like Illo or Lind.

Brassard would be a great fit for the Ducks IMO. He could take the 2nd line center place for a year or two until Holland is ready and then you could move him to 3rd line center if he wants to stay. 2nd line has been a mess this season and when there are wingers like Ryan and Selšnne playing there, you have to have someone who can cover their devensive mistakes.

This season:

Palmieri/Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan/Palmieri-Brassard-Selšnne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Etem/Dvorak-Steckel/Bonino/Holland-Staubitz/Beleskey

Next season:

Ryan/Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Palmieri/Ryan-Brassard-Etem
Winnik-Koivu/Bonino-Cogliano
Maroon-Steckel/Bonino/Holland-Rakell/Beleskey/Staubitz
Brassard is not the one to do that.

He isn't awful at D but if he has to focus on covering Ryan's and Teemu's gaffes.. that ain't gonna work imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Not trying to be a grinch, but CBJ are a bubble team right now and I thought they wanted to re-build? Wouldn't it be wise to move assets if possible?

I'd think DSP is probably who would interest Columbus the most in the pool of what ANA is willing to give up. So maybe DSP + 5th rounder?
Meh. Not enough. 2nd or 3rd at least.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote