Old
03-31-2013, 08:58 AM
Interactif
Meet The New Boss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Bruins fan coming in peace.

I cover the draft eligible players and do rankings (for past 4 years) for OHL writers and you're on target with Rychel.

He's definitely an enigma of sorts. The problem with him is twofold:

1) Consistency. Not just from game to game, but shift to shift. He could go out there and be dominating at times and the very next shift you wouldn't even know he was on the ice

2) Complacency. At times he seems like he's just going through the motions. He loses battles he shouldn't - or sometimes doesn't even engage.

The truth of the matter is that Rychel isn't a "go to guy" He's an excellent "supporting guy". Rychel will still put up points by himself, but if he didn't have to be the go to guy with all the pressure, he's a different player.

Proof is in the pudding when Alex Khokhlachev came back from the KHL. Rychel became more of a threat, more engaged and not only a goal scorer but a guy who could set up his mates. 32 of his 47 assists came in his final 29 games once Khokhlachev returned. He had 15 in his first 39 games. And he'll still put the puck in the net.

If you're interested in our OHL rankings you can find them here http://ohlwriters.com/articles/end-o...skater-1-10--2

Brock Otten who covers the OHL did a survey of 17 independent scouts and media on the top 10. Has some good thoughts on Rychel and others here http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...-for-2013.html
I'd take Ryan Hartman over Rychel 7 days a week and twice on Sunday's for all the reasons why he is the opposite of Rychel is. The kid never takes a day off, shows up when games are big, and has the heart of a lion. I think people underestimate his character, and this is something our Director of scouting values over just about anything else.