View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 09:52 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
Honestly though what are you basing this on? YouTube and scouting reports? Barkov has been every bit as good and probably better than Lindholm the past 2 years, and has a ridiculous skillet in his own right.
Well that's what 80% of people in here are basing it on...

From what I have read and seen, Barkov doesn't have that top end potential to be a 90+ point guy, Lindholm IMO does.

The Avs took a couple safer picks in the 1st round last time we picked, they need to take more of a risk this time then go with the safer guy.

Barkov and Mackinnon are probably the 2 safer picks in the top 5. Even at their worsts they are still probably 2nd line players. Drouin and Lindholm could still full on bust, but at the same time, they could also both become absolute monsters in the league. I have heard a lot of comparisons to Forsberg in Lindholms game, and we all know what Drouin is capable of. Both of those guys could become 100 point players just as they are likely to bust or be 50 point players.

I also don't see Barkov ever becoming as good as Toews. Getzlaf maybe, not Toews, while his basement is probably a Backes.

So as far as Lindholm vs Barkov goes. It could very well end up like a Getzlaf vs Turris in which Barkov would be by far the better player, but it could also end up as a Backes vs. Forsberg where Lindholm becomes elite.