View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 10:01 AM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I'm not sure if the 07-08 team wasn't better than the current edition.

08 Markov > Subban
No way. Markov has never played to the level Subban is right now. You are dead wrong here.

We haven't had a defenseman this good since Chris Chelios. He's better than Schneider, Desjardins or Markov... and it won't surprise me at all if he wins the Norris and I never saw Markov as a Norris calibre guy.

Quote:
Hamrlik or Streit > 13 Markov
I don't think this is true either.

Quote:
08 Kovalev > Pacioretty
Koivu > Desharnais
Higgins > Gionta
Okay.

Quote:
Kostitsyn brothers in 2008 = the Gallys
I'd take the Gallys.
Quote:
The current Ryder&Plekanec are better than they were however and Price of course is better today then in 2008, and better than Huet. I think we were more ''top heavy'' in 2008 but have better depth players today (better 3rd pair defense and a much better bottom 6).
Thing is with that team is that a bunch of guys had career years. This year's crop is young and will get better. This isn't a career year for Pacioretty for example and he can play better than he has. Price has played really well but he can be better. We've got Eller who has flashes of brilliance and can be better. The only guy who might be having a career year is Subban and I actually think this is just indicative of the kind of player he's going to be.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote