View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 10:18 AM
CitizenSnips
TheFightingMongooses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
He was nothing close to being elite. Playing in front of one of the best defenses of all time does not make you elite, remember Turek? If he was "elite" as you say, why did he split time with elliot? Is it just me or does it seem like an ELITE goalie should play at least 50 game?

Career 2.41 goals against is nothing close to being ELITE.

What evidence do you have to support these claims of his ELITE goaltender status? I have yet to see one good fact out of any of your post defending Halak. You seem to have blind faith, that someday we will see the goalie we saw in the '10 playoffs.
I would like to try to understand how to follow the logic going on around here so please help.

If Halak posts a 9.26 SV% and 1.97 GAA and plays the roll of the #1 goalie in a 1/1A situation where the team in front of him posted one of the best defenses of all time, you all want to say its the defense who did great. Then when Halak struggles, its only on him and not the defense. Why is the only thing that is allowed to change is the goaltending?

I am not trying to defend Halak's poor play and I'm not even going to get into Elliott, but where is the hate and trade requests for the defense? Petro, Shattenkirk, Polak, Russell (until recently) have all been under-performing but not as much blame shelled out to those members that are supposed to be one of the all time great defenses only a year ago.

CitizenSnips is offline   Reply With Quote