View Single Post
03-31-2013, 11:09 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
Many players have been railed against here recently and throughout the season (duh?).
But it seems Peverley has escaped most of the rath even though he is having a very trying season.

Four goals, eight assists in 32 games. Worst plus/minus on the team (easily, -10). He's played center, wing, on the PP, PK. Just can't seem to get anything done. Even early on when the 3rd line struggled, Kelly took most of the verbal abuse.

So what is it? Is he a fan favorite? Does he appear to be making more of an effort than others? Do fans of Chia not want to mention him because of the possiblity of the "we traded Wheeler & Stuart for this guy? Like to have that one back" critics?

Or am I just not reading enough comments and therefore mistakenly thinking Peverely is getting something of a free ride here?
He and Kelly were fortunate to have guys like Rydes and Pouliot on their wing before and 2 top lines who actually scored, opening ice for them. Both weren`t playing to their standards by any stretch, but when you have a winger (Bourque) who literally killed plays with an inability to win a board battle, or come out somehow with the puck which Marchand and Segs do more frequently, your line is behind the 8 ball.

Caron healthy, Bourque sent down, and the very few games this line played together, it was clear, they were working their way back, Kelly down, enter Pandalfo.

I`m sorry, there`s been no free pass for Pevs here, how about if this team`s "top line" starts actually putting opponents on their heels, then they`d ideally have 2 lines opponents have to worry about, which will, once again, open ice up and let`s face it, as much as Kelly was struggling, we are clearly seeing areas of strength and stability that he brought to that line.

You could put an elite centerman between Caron(who I`m a huge fan of) and Pandalfo and I`ll wager very much the same results

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote