View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 11:20 AM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
I think Dupuis would stay here for around $2m. He has four kids and probably doesn't want to move them. Plus I think he loves being apart of this team in any role.

I'd say our best bet to fit all of Malkin/Letang/Iginla is to trade Martin this offseason while he's value is high from having a great year. We can then integrate one of Dumoulin/Harrington into the lineup. Then when Orpik's contract is up after next year we just don't resign him.
I hate to be "that guy", but I'm going all Ferris Bueller here...

I work with a woman whose daughter is competitive in gymnastics. middle school/HS age. The same gym her daughter goes to, Dupuis' daughters go to. She speaks of him glowingly...almost daily. She says when he's there, he's just another parent. But tells everyone who will listen "how much I love it here".

So, yeah it's not a link or a worthy news source. And I'm probably biased, because I want him to stay. But seems like he knows he's got it pretty good here. While he's not really riding Crosby, how does he know he'll have the same success elsewhere, in another system? He's earned a raise, but unless someone comes with wheelbarrows full of cash, I think he'd take a modest raise for another 2 seasons here.