View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 11:35 AM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
While some will catch some Sharks games, very few here do. Some people were against going after Prust in the discussions leading to July 1st this past summer and almost every Habs' fan is now sold on him and what he can do.

I get to see Clowe a fair bit here out west and I'm convinced that fans would learn to love him in Montreal, in a similar way they like Prust. They guy competes. He's not afraid to go to the tough areas and he uses his size extremely well along the boards. He's also not afraid to protect his teammates if/when it's required. Plus, he can play hockey and he's not going to hurt the team when he's on the ice!

I can only imagine entering a game against Boston with both Prust and Clowe in the line-up, to support the skills already on this team. It would be a joy to watch, believe me.
There's no debating that Clowe would bring a big body presence. But at which price do we want to bring him in for? All signs point to one team overpaying for him with this being a seller's market. Would we be willing to sacrifice a 1st+prospect? I would go no further than 2nd + Leblanc.