Thread: Who to lose
View Single Post
03-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Joey Bones
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
The problem with moving Girardi is he is by far our best right side defenseman. Beyond that having four solid guys like Staal, Girardi, McD and MDZ in front of Hank means that if we've got any decent offense in any given year we should be a pretty good team. To me those four our just core players. Good citizens as well. Anyway another thing about Girardi is he can play 25-30 minutes a night game after game with very good defensive play and a bit of offensive contribution--play physical and not be taking penalties. He's not the fastest skater but he's smart and he knows his limitations. I'd only move him if the return were really, really good.

Richards is more likely to be bought out than traded because of his contract and cap hit.

Stralman and Eminger should have some value. Vet d-men at the trade deadline usually do. Playoff teams want to stock up on them. Stralman's a better player but Eminger is more of a gamer. Hamrlik's an experienced guy as well and played well in the playoffs last year. Gilroy IMO is practically worthless.

I would think Boyle would as well--despite his crap year and the bad stats. He's huge, decent on face-off and can kill penalties and in the past he's shown some offense. Should be able to get at least a 2nd for him.

Gaborik could get us a huge return. I wouldn't trade him for peanuts. You have to decide what you think is fair and if you can't get it--you keep him. I'd want more than what the Pens paid for Iginla--and Boston might be a team willing to pay that.

Other than that I don't know if we have much to move.
True I didn't think about him on the right side. Girardi isn't getting moved anyway. Agreed on Richards and on Gabby. Boyle could get us that 1st we need. I don't think we can trade Hammer since we picked him up off waivers and I agree on the other d-men.

P.S. The Pens are really going to hurt after that Iginla trade (unless they win the cup this year).

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote