View Single Post
03-31-2013, 12:59 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Thanks very much EagleBelfour for the review. Nothing much to say other than that I think Bondra will work here paired with Adam Oates on the 2nd line.

Oh and as to Parise, wondering if I should switch him and Smyth? I think Smyth might be better on the 3rd line given his scoring skills. Parise might work better on the 4th line as he can battle to get the puck to Toews and Hejduk.
- Don't get me wrong: Adam Oates and Peter Bondra will definitely mesh very well together. Actually, that whole line will work incredibly well together. My only 'concern', or let's say my only negative point, is that I think Peter Bondra is an extremely one-dimensional player: he score goals and nothing else. Very few players on an ATD Top-6 brings as less different skills as Bondra (some are offensive players only, but can also pass the puck, some are grittier, works the corner etc ....)

- It depends how much you will utilize your 4th line I would say. At equal ice-time, I think your 4th line will generate more offense than your third line. However, I believe Ryan Smyth is a better overall player than JP Parise, and someone I would like on the ice more often. If you use our 4th line a decent amount of time, I would keep it as it is. In the regular season, I could see the switch, but in the playoffs I would think you would like to increase a little bit the ice time of Jonathan Toews & Ryan Smyth. I'm on the fence on that one, it looks fine both ways I think.

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote