View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 12:04 PM
Habsterix*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
There's no debating that Clowe would bring a big body presence. But at which price do we want to bring him in for? All signs point to one team overpaying for him with this being a seller's market. Would we be willing to sacrifice a 1st+prospect? I would go no further than 2nd + Leblanc.
As for the price, I don't rely on what fans say or want, nor do I rely on what reporters say... until it's officially announced by the teams (see Aaron Ward).

What I do know however, is that for the first time since the days of Serge Savard, I have full confidence in the team's GM in place. He has yet to disappoint (me). I'll leave that in his hands to decide, one way or another. I trust that he'll do what's right for the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
From what I saw from him the pasts seasons I totally agree ! but I'm concerned about his speed, some poster said he lost some and I can believe them since his style of play is pretty hard on the body (see Moen) what do you think about that ?

Then again I can't see Bergevin making a move to get someone and give assets for a rental, I think he will search someone that he can keep 3-4 years, it's also an important aspect.
I'm not concerned about the speed. It's very hard to find the total package into one player. You need to have a balance within the team and Clowe would fill a need on the Habs, as he's something they don't have. Michael Ryder isn't the fastest skater but he complements his linemates very well, as he's predominantly a shooter with a quick release.