View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 12:24 PM
CanadianPanther
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Huh? I said I'd rather have him be the #1 Center in San Antonio then get crap minutes on the fourth line. Shore's defensive game is good. He needs to develop his offensive game which is why playing a lot in the AHL makes more sense. I don't know yet if he will be. I highly doubt he'll be a #1 center but he has a good shot at being a career #2 guy. Matthias is certainly not a #1 center either.

I'm also not convinced Matthias's performance lately is the true Matthias. He's going to come down to earth. I'm not trying to take anything away from him but he's on a super hot streak and I don't think it's an honest assessment to believe his play in March is the player he's going to be. Probably somewhere in between what he's doing now and what he was doing in January.
No I know you mean #1 Center in SA but I'm more saying right now, Shore's only spot is 2nd line Center, he's typecast into that spot. So if Shore's defensive game is good than why not have him play a more defensive style moving forward. I say move him down to 4th line and see what he can do, evaluate and decide his future.

There's only 12 games left so if I was Dineen, I'd be switching lines around to get a better idea of what works for next year.