View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 12:45 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Congrats to Yale on moving on to the Frozen Four. And bad news for Vancouver Canucks fans - they'll have to wait about another two weeks before the team can sign Antoine Laganiere.

Now for some of my personal observations on UND:

I loved the way UND started the game. But the UND team that showed up in the first period, was NOT the same team that showed up in the third period. What I mean by this is UND didn't play UND hockey in the third period. They weren't physical (or as physical), they didn't utilized their team speed effectively nor consistently and most importantly, UND gave up way too many opportunities to Yale in the third period. But give props to Yale for capitalizing on the opportunities that they were given. Had they failed to do that, the outcome might have been very different.

Two players that I thought played really well, despite not advancing, were Andrew MacWilliam (who was named to the All-tournament team) and Rocco Grimaldi. MacWilliam was a physical presence throughout the games vs. Yale and Niagara , especially in the first half of the Yale game. Grimaldi was just all over the place and made things happen whenever he was on the ice. I personally thought that it was a good move by Hakstol to put Rocco up on the top line with Knight & Kristo.
Rocco plays hard every game. The guy never takes a shift off but that first line yesterday disappointed me. Did not create alot of scoring chances and the proof is in the pudding when Kristo only has one shot on goal. That can't happen in a game with that much on the line. Yale will have their hands full with Lowell. They are rolling.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote