View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 02:16 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Don't throw tomatoes at me but right now would be a good time as any to get Vinny. You arrange a deal so that Tampa takes half of the contract and you bring a veteran guy that has something to prove, still has talent and size. Vinny would also not have to carry the load as we're a winning team. And really it would sort of match with what Pittsburgh did as an upgrade for the playoffs(Vinny vs Iginla #2!). You put him on the first line between Max Pac and Gallagher.

The trade would be Desharnais and Bourque for Vinny. Bourque is injured but for Tampa it would be a rebuild statement of sort like Calgary so if you're them you take DD and run. Bourque would just be an added piece on the long run if he gets healthy. Anyway it would also adjust our roster better since the chances are Bourque would have had trouble finding a spot upon his return on our team anyway.
I wouldn't do that trade. First off, you're giving up too much for someone that has a horrible contract and been struggling with injuries.

Also, I expect TB to buy him out this summer. If they keep the team as is, they'll have about 1M in free space this summer. They have one compliance buy out, and Vinny has a 7.7M cap hit. It makes sense for them to buy him out. The only question is whether or not the owner has the cash to do that.
Vinny has the worst contract in the NHL right now.

If he's bought out, I'm definitely interested in signing him.