View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 01:34 PM
snoop88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
I'm so conflicted. This team NEEDS a Jones, Drouin, or MacK so much more than a 1st round playoff exit, and I don't see any way we really contend for a championship with all these injuries, but it's tough for your brain to tell your heart to root for a loss.

I'm also incredibly worried that there's still too much time left for Homer and co. to do something stupid. Homer and Snider have been waiting all year for signs of life, and god forbid we win today and get within 2 pts of a playoff spot, while getting points in 3 straight games / winning 2 in a row. It could be misconstrued as a team ready to make a run.

I fear a win today could be the impetus for an extremely short-sighted acquisition.

i just don't understand people sometimes. with all due respect, what is there to be conflicted about?

you are a flyers fan. you want what's best for the organization and maximizing a chance to win a Stanley Cup after 38 years.

The best thing for this current team is to sell off all disposable assets and get as high a draft pick as possible.
point blank, period

I can easily root for a hopeless team to lose, in order to give us a better future. It doesn't even take a second thought.

The team as currently constructed is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

snoop88 is offline   Reply With Quote