View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 02:50 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
He got over 17min. in ice time so he clearly had MTs confidence.
He is clearly physically unready, and I imagine it will be a while yet before he becomes a bit more poised with the puck under the pressure of NHL forechecking. Will have to become stronger on his feet AND on his stick. You can tell that he can read/see the play almost quickly enough, but that his reactions are simply inexperienced (gets the right play off but doesn't leave himself in good body position, or vice versa, seldom both, but also didn't double-clutch or seem to get caught between decisions). He'll be looking good in a year or so, I'd say. Tinordi is obviously more ready to step in, even if he obviously has the lowest puck skills of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I am thinking it is an audition for one of themm in a trade. MB has been talking to some teams and they are wanting to see what Dman they may want coming the other way. Been saying this since the first call up.
I would say their evaluation of Beaulieu has a direct impact on how much more patience they'll show with Weber. With Kaberle waived, and Diaz under an affordable contract and playing better than his cap hit, Weber is obviously the odd man out as on of the few guys who are left with serious/"legit" aspirations above the AHL level that need to be dealt with (impending RFA).

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote