View Single Post
03-31-2013, 03:00 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
No way. Markov has never played to the level Subban is right now. You are dead wrong here.

We haven't had a defenseman this good since Chris Chelios. He's better than Schneider, Desjardins or Markov... and it won't surprise me at all if he wins the Norris and I never saw Markov as a Norris calibre guy.
I agree that PK is playing better than Markov was. However, I personally feel Markov should have been a nominee on his career year. He was seriously solid, easily top 5 in the league during that season.

But PK is something else.
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Thing is with that team is that a bunch of guys had career years. This year's crop is young and will get better. This isn't a career year for Pacioretty for example and he can play better than he has. Price has played really well but he can be better. We've got Eller who has flashes of brilliance and can be better. The only guy who might be having a career year is Subban and I actually think this is just indicative of the kind of player he's going to be.
Not only that, but that year we really weren't that great at even strength. We just had an amazing PP that consistently bailed us out. But when teams managed to shut us down on the PP, we usually ended up losing. Not quite the sign of a strong team.
More one of a heavily PP reliant.

This year we're only behind Chicago and Pittsburgh in terms of ES play. We add a top 10 PP and an average PK. That's the make up of a strong team.
Also, we have the confidence to come back from whatever deficit, without relying on the PP. We have comeback from many deficits this year, even in the 3rd period.

As you said, we don't have anybody having crazy career years like we did that season. We have bunch of players performing their roles well however, which is what matters most.
But this team is a lot more solid than the 07-08 one. Not really comparable.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote