View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 02:11 PM
CoconutHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephaaane View Post
I know a lot of people here would like to draft Gauthier in the 1st round, but for me, he's too much of a risk. He reminds me too much of a Keven Veilleux/Colborne type of player. Yes he has good tools, but he's missing "combativity". I don't think he will translate well in the NHL. I could be wrong though! If he still there in round 2, I would think about it, it will depend who's left.

The guy I want and I hope MTL goes up in the draft to get is Erne. Fast, skill and play a good North/South up tempo game. Outside the top 10, I feel that's the guy who people would look back and ask theirselves why they didn't pick him instead of XYZ player.
The big difference between Gauthier and Veilleux is the attitude. The former is a really smart kid that has been constantly improving for the past couple of years. He is dedicated to his sport and will keep on getting better. The latter one was a complete waste of talent. He had all the tools to be an impact player in the NHL, but was missing dedication and commitment.

However, I agree that Gauthier is missing a little bit of combativity. The few times I've watched him play this year, I had the impression he didn't want to be he difference maker in the game. Seems like a quiet kid both on and off the ice. Sometimes the players need a little bit of character off the ice to be an impact player on the ice.

Given the center depth with the team, I think I would draft Erne ahead of Gauthier if both were available.