View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 02:14 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I see Tinordi as possible trade bait and Markov moving along with him while he has some trade value. Trying to trade Markov next year would be pointless. We will have to wait and see. Rumor is from what I have heard MB is interested in Hartnel and Simmonds out of Philly Dubinsky to come in and play with Prust and Matthias. Some are saying Jagr but I can't see it.
Moving Markov at this stage just cause his value is still high doesn't make much sense from the team's perspective at the current time though. It still opens up a pretty large void on the defensive side of the game, especially if we are trading for forwards.

I think this is just the team evaluating their young talent in a real world scenario. You can only do so much evaluating from a CHL and AHL level and at some point you have to see how a prospect handles himself in the bigs. For the first time in ages we've actually had the flexibility to ease in some young players for auditions due to having both Markov and Subban in the line up, the fact that the team is currently winning and has a positive aura just accents this even further.

It's entirely possible too that maybe Bergevin has trade offers on a current roster defenseman and he's just trying to gauge where his prospects stand to see if trading that player is a viable route to shore up another need. I seriously doubt that player is Markov though, but I could be wrong.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote