Thread: KHL Expansion
View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 02:44 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
and there are many, many people back here in Croatia that just can't wait that it happens so they can say:We told you so...
I get it. I dont know croatian hockey enviroment, but something similar is in Slovakia/Czech rep against Slovan/Lev Praha. Many people, within hockey federations/clubs, dont like both clubs playing KHL. On the other hand Slovan/Lev Praha have so much money/influence, comparing to rest of clubs here, that can solve this issues. Does Medvescak/its president have strong possition within croatian hockey federation? If yes, so I would not see any problem.

KHL has plan A and plan B when expands into Europe. Poprad was plan B and it was clear the club will be replaced by something else. That happened, Slovan replaced Poprad, new club from Prague joined. Both, Slovan/Lev Praha are plan A - so long term projects. What about Medvedscak? A or B? I would say A, because of great fans/location...

KHL helps its clubs to solve problems, for example with money. Look at Novokuznetsk, still in league, but money issues. What are/were biggest sponsors of club? Some international partners?