Thread: KHL Expansion
View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 04:54 PM
guderian

vCash: 500
Media is having big part in driving Medvescak success and I feel that even with slight regression of club ambition or results on ice will open the doors for some very negative press reactions(which will undoubtedly be fueled by some of those shady characters I was writing before ).
You could see part of it this year and with any prolonged period of such negativity interest of regular fans will go down and with that average attendance will go down which could kill this project in relatively short time. That is, imo, main reason Medvescak was trying to win title for the last two years.

At the sam time I am convinced that Medvescak was fully aware that winning the title would be almost imposible when EBEL is so openly bias towards Austrian clubs(Jesenice and Olimpija had much beter roster and a lot of depth 5,6 years ago in comparison with Medvescak and couldn't do it - in case of Jesenice rest of the league just went out and buyed almost half of their roster or in case of Olimpija they were cheated in most perfidious way after coming just one win away from the title)

I must say that I was happy beyond the words a couple of weeks ago when I saw there are some attempts to form hockey club in Delnice...it's based mostly on some romantic enthusiasm but it's a start, getting 2 or 3 more ice halls could do wonder fo hockey in Croatia(it's not talent that is limiting quantity of domestic players its lack of opportunity/possibility)