View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 06:55 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
What would you guys want to do with our bottom-6 ??
We have all those talented players coming up and thats so nice, but I get the intention, that we will lack grid next year again.

Right now it looks like our bottom 6 could be:
Palat-Pyatt-other prospect
Crombeen/maybe a serious though guy-Thompson-???
Labrie

Thompson is a hell of a 4th line center
Palat has great defensive awarness and will be a great 3rd liner for years to come.
Crombeen... well he is Crombeen and does what he is asked to do, but sucks at it.
Pyatt, well I'm not that much a fan of him, because I don't think he is used in the right position. He is less physical than Thompson, while putting up equal numbers and he lacks this mentality, that Thompson brings to the ice (aka the goal against the Devils). SoI would prefer to bring in a different player for him.

My problem is, we have no role player prospects in the pipeline, while it's one of our biggest weaknesses.

I would prefer a guy like Marcel Goc over Pyatt as our third line center and a though guy like Cal Clutterbuck as a 3rd/4th line . Maybe a guy like Abdelkader or any of the though Red Wings (they have plenty of them) as the other winger for Thompson.

My dream lineup would be:
Palat-Goc-prospect
???/Crombeen-Thompson-Clutterbuck
Labrie

This would be a very competitive and effective bottom-6 group in my opinion.
So what do you guys think??
I actually looked through the FA options this summer in the toughness/agitator department, and the best are Clarkson, Cooke, Orr, McGrattan, LaRose and Kostopoulos (might have missed some). Not exactly the deepest group of tough guys and Clarkson's likely out of our price range. Orr's by far the best enforcer of the group, but I'm not convinced he's a good enough player to play consistent minutes. Either way, it'd be nice to finally have a true heavyweight fighter.

Malone-T.Johnson/Pyatt-Panik/Tyrell
Palat-Thompson-Orr

Personally, that would be my ideal bottom 6 with Malone and Orr meeting the toughness quotia and Nate, Panik and Palat are all not shy to take the body and are incredibly efficient defensively. What do you think?

Last edited by The Wyzerhood: 03-31-2013 at 07:22 PM.