View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 08:24 PM
caley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Curtis Glencross is absolutely a legitimate top six forward.
25+ goal scorers don't grow on trees folks, nevermind players signed for 2.5M dollars.

Ben Bishop has impressed for a whopping 13 game sample size at the age of 26. He does not hold the value of a proven goal scorer signed to one of the leagues best value contracts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Seriously? Glencross is a 25+ goal scorer who kills penatlys and plays physically he is the perfect 2nd line winger signed to one of the best contracts. Bishop is having a good season but I find it hard to believe he repeats that success on the Flames and we potentially have Ramo coming over next year for free why move Glencross?
Calling Glencross a 25 goal scorer because he scored 25 goals once is a bit of a stretch. It would be like shooting down a Rob Brown trade because he's a 100 point player.

I like Glencross a lot, wish the Oilers never gave him up. But if you're the Flames, dumping contracts to make room for young players is your m.o. here and if you're able to add a 26-year-old goalie with #1 ability, you've got to make that deal.