View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 10:16 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold View Post
Don't get this post wrong. I don't think it will happen, it's just an extremely optimistic thought that crossed my mind. Just curious if anyone else has thought about it.

Now that Crosby is probably out for the year has anyone thought that if Kadri goes on an insane scoring streak that he could win the Art Ross?

He's 17 points behind Crosby. It's possible that he scores at 1.5 PPG over 12 games to pass Crosby. Stamkos is currently at 2nd, 7 points ahead of Kadri with 2 games in hand. Chances are Kadri doesn't pass him, but Kunitz doesn't have Crosby anymore, if Tampa goes cold St. Louis and Stamkos don't score much. Kane is only 3 ahead of Kadri.

It's a very very long shot, but how incredibly insane would that be? Has anyone won the Art Ross their first full year in the league?

I don't even think this thought has crossed through Nazem Kadri's mind. He is already 7 points behind one of the most consistent point producers and goal scorers in the league in Steven Stamkos who plays on the #3 offense in the league.

There is absolutely no way that Kadri passes Stamkos in points or goals this season.

Would be a ridiculous story though. I'd be impressed if he was even able to match Sidney Crosby's league leading 56pts after 48gp. That's a 95pt pace over that span of games.

HockeyThoughts is online now   Reply With Quote