View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 10:43 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Gross needs a lesson in human nature then.

If you are dissatisfied with your boss, who do you complain to? Most likely someone who empathizes and, if possible, that someone will not be part of the company you work for. Who better than someone who no longer works with you, but had issues with the same boss you have in the past?

And that's where I wonder about Brad Richards and Sean Avery's friendship, which existed before Richards was a Ranger and I'm sure has continued since. It would be the easiest thing in the world for Richards to complain about Tortorella to Avery. Avery may or may not have a pulse on what's going on with the team, but I bet he knows what's going on with Richards. The question would then become, how does Richards handle Avery running his mouth? Not that it really matters in the context of the hockey club.

All of that being said, what this shows to me, more than anything else, is that the atmosphere surrounding the organization is, or is becoming, poisonous. This is the kind of **** we expect to see surrounding the Flyers organization. I've been one of Tortorella's biggest supporters, right there alongside you there Kel. However, the apparent dysfunction, which is apparent from their play on the ice more than anything else, stems from Tortorella's outsized personality. When things are going well, he's great. Beyond that, he's the NHL coaches equivalent of naan. No shelf life. (bad joke)
Agree with this completely. There are signs. It may not be as dramatic as Avery makes it out to be, but it is relatively clear this year's locker room is nothing like last year's. So what's causing it?