View Single Post
Old
03-31-2013, 11:56 PM
Snipsnap12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieIsGod View Post
PLEASE get him under contract!!! I really wanted the Flyers to pursue Dekeyser and Sustr, so getting Schmidt would not be a bad consolation prize. He could end up being the best of the 3, the other two getting alot more hype.

We have such a lack of talent on the blueline that they can offer Schmidt immediate NHL playing time. TBL did it with JT Brown last year and Sustr is already in the lineup this year. We have nothing to lose by getting him signed and playing this year. If he needs more time to develop after that then he can start next season with the Phantoms.

I'm also tired of the Flyers not going hard after these FAs from the NCAA. It seems like it is always the usual suspects when it comes to the teams in the mix for the big NCAA players: Minnesota, Vancouver, Detroit and Tampa. I'm sure alot of that has to do with the location of the teams in relation to where these players are attending school and growing up(Minnesota area) but come on, do your homework and put in the extra time to get these guys.
Schmidt if signed, would likely play right away for flyers given our lack of defenseman, I also agree that he could turn out better than dekeyser... He's not as polished but I like his style and game better, and has a higher offensive upside IMO

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote