Thread: Value of: Brian Boyle to BUF
View Single Post
03-31-2013, 11:16 PM
Irving Zisman
Really Bad Grandpa
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I would want either a 2nd or a 3rd+4th (I think the latter is probably in the range that we would get). The Rangers would actually probably request a 2nd + prospect to start and move down from there. I honestly am not sure what his full value is, but I think a 2nd is certainly fair and a 3rd+4th pretty damn fair.

He's our top PKer, a great faceoff guy, and can play spot minutes in the top 6 if someone gets hurt. His offense has been poor when not playing with talented players around him (and you wouldn't want him to play with talented guys anyway).

I like his play best when he is on the wing. He can be a real force there and we have seen it the few times he has played it. If you put him on the wing but still allow him to take faceoffs, he'd be a really solid player.
I'd think long and hard about our 3rd for Boyle, probably saying yes. Is Buffalo's 2013 3rd alone good enough since it'll likely be around 65? I think Boyle could definitely fetch a 3rd & 4th, albeit from a contending team with a much worse draft position...

EDIT: I'd do our 3rd and Luke Adam: Reclamation big-bodied center project who I think could still be a Top 6'er one day. Is that close?

Irving Zisman is offline   Reply With Quote