View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 12:45 AM
MtlPenFan

vCash: 500
People need to take a step back for a moment.

He's 25 years old. He's not some broken down power forward in his 30's who's in the twilight of his career. There is so much time left in the kid's career that I'm shocked that his legacy is even an issue to be discussed so soon.

Technically, he's not even in his prime yet. That's still about 2 years away, and this determined, hyper competitive human being is actually going to improve upon what we see now.

Yes, it took forever to come back from the concussion because of a misdiagnosis, and I think that because of the roller coaster ride it took to come back, we're tricking ourselves into believing that he's some train wreck that's going to keep getting hurt and never have a full season.

The fact is, he's been in the league for 7 years, and has had ONE major injury. It happens. Based on his play, he's long, LONG put that behind him and I doubt that it ever becomes an issue again.

Yesterday afternoon was just a freak thing that happens in hockey. At worse he'll be back in time for the playoffs. Nothing that happened to him yesterday will affect how he plays coming back. This wasn't a knee or back injury that could affect how he plays going forward and somehow hamper him for the rest of his career. He lost a few teeth, had to get himself fixed, and he'll be back before we know it.

Like I said, he's 25. Christ Geno's all of a year older, and NEITHER of them are even in their primes yet. We've got so many more years of hockey goodness for those two guys left that it's almost unfair to every fan of every other team. By the time they're both done, they'll have trophy case models named after them.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote