Old
08-15-2006, 11:53 AM
acadiange

vCash: 500
O'Byrne and Emelin should be higher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Menard View Post
One thing you missed about Danis:

2. An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to the criteria above.

He was signed in 2004 out of Brown University, so he's still eligible for one more year.

Jay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Menard View Post
I actually didn't write that. That predates me. I'll be tackling the new rankings one of these days...

So, no I'm not contradicting myself. I'm contradicting the guy that came before me. Secondly, rating and rankings can change. I would say that was a fair assessment last year, but Latendresse has developed far more than anyone anticipated. Before I was thinking Shayne Corson, now I'm thinking Brendan Shanahan... Kostitsyn is about the same as before.

Therefore, even if I had created those numbers, it wouldn't be a contradiction to revisit them in light of new information. In fact, to adhere to old numbers simply because they're there would be irresponsible.

My rankings are based on the present-day... When I get a chance I'll update the ratings.

Thanks,

Jay

I'm surprised that O'byrne, Emelin since Montreal needs defense more than anything else.

acadiange is offline   Reply With Quote