View Single Post
Old
12-26-2003, 05:10 PM
Augustus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Gene Carr, of whom Bill "The Big Whistle" Chadwick once said, "He couldn't put the puck in the ocean if he were standing at the end of the pier."

OT: Been meaning to pose this trivia question to...er...older NYR fans. That is, anyone who has any recollection of the 70s. :p One of my earliest (bizarre) hockey memories is fans at MSG having a rooting section, a fan club, for a certain member of the California Golden Seals. This player was even more obscure than his team, which made the "___ ___ Fan Club" all the more humorous, in the dry manner in which it was intended. Marv and Sal used to comment on it, when the Seals came to town (and were summarily hammered by NYR). Ended as quickly as the player was out of the league, which was quickly.

Answer this one correctly, and you are instantly nominated for the NYR fan Hall of Fame. I cannot imagine anyone getting this, it is sooo obscure.
Yes, it was Gene Carr. Thanks.

Now that I know, it seems anticlimactic.

Oh, well, back to my home site - the Maple Leafs, who have just been tied by the Rangers 5-5 in an exciting if sloppy game.