View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 05:40 AM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
The absolute gauntlet actually began about four games ago, but I cannot fail to emphasize how intense the schedule is from here on out.

Six games against teams that are significantly higher in the standings (Minnesota twice, Chicago three times, and Vancouver once). Against these teams, the Blues are 2-3-0, with one win in overtime and another in a shootout. Scoring is 12-16 in favor of the opposition and all were one-goal games except for a 3-0 loss to Chicago (if you remember, the Blues were right in this one and Chicago had luck on their side).

Three games against teams who are significantly lower in the standings (Colorado twice and Calgary once). Against these teams, the Blues are 1-1-1, scoring 7-6 in favor of the Blues, including a 5-2 embarrassment of the Flames.

And the big obstacle: six games against teams who are very close to the Blues in the standings (Columbus twice and Detroit, Nashville, Phoenix, and Dallas each once). Interestingly, the Blues are 9-4-0 against these teams. Five of their wins did come in their initial streak, but three of their loses came during their worst time of the year. Scoring is 41-34 in favor of the Blues with a shootout victory, an overtime victory, and four one-goal games.

In March, the Blues were 7-7-0 (two OT victories), with scoring 39-37 in favor of the Blues. Allen was 5-2 during that span, including the complete turd the Blues laid across his face against Edmonton.

I don't want to think about Halak or Elliott's trends, so just going with the team's recent record and their record against the teams they face, they're likely to get about 7 wins, maybe 8. A little bit of luck could make a big difference. Just one flukey goal against a close opponent could decide in or out.

Let's go hockey.