View Single Post
Old
04-01-2013, 06:34 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Dd gets as much unwarranted praise as criticism, more so in my opinion.

For example, last year there were endless posts praising DD for having the 14th highest number of points for NHL centers, a decontextualized stat that falsely implies DD was a top 15 center.

Many assumed he was better than Plekanec offensively, and there were comparisons made to Martin st-louis.

DD has also been praised for dominating the ECHL at age 22 ("he has dominated wherever he has played"), when in fact this is a non-argument, as there are about 10 centers in our division alone why would break 100 points in the ECHL if they actually played there at age 22. Dd also dominated the AHL at age 24 - i am afraid to think of what Eller would produce in the AHL if he played there this year.

Some people actually posted that Erik Cole had a career season because of DD's vision and playmaking. Ummm, no. Erik Cole spent a decade playing with Eric Staal, a superior player.

There have also been people; the same people i think, who say Pacioretty emerged last year because of DD's vision - the same Pacioretty who had 29 points in 37 games with Gomez the previous season, against tougher opposition even.
ECHL MVP and leading your team to the championship, 22 or not, is a success. Sure, the 10 centers in our division may have done it (they might not have either).

The last two points, were usually made as a rebuttal to people saying Desharnais sucks and only was good because of those two.

Same way, no matter what, Desharnais was bashed last year for playing poor offensive competition, yet you rarely ever heard that said about Pacioretty or Cole.

Desharnais, is just like Price here. Fans at both extremes of the spectrum, when in fact, the result is closer to the middle.